Former bar leader Lewis is disbarred
Once a leading Northern Virginia divorce lawyer and former president of the Virginia Bar Association, Vienna attorney Glenn C. Lewis has been stripped of his law license by a panel of the Virginia State Bar disciplinary board. The action came after a hearing on charges that Lewis spent the fees paid by two clients without having done any substantive work for either.
NEWS FROM VIRGINIA LAWYERS WEEKLY
- Insurer wants out of civil suit against Huguely
George W. Huguely V, the former University of Virginia lacrosse player who was convicted in February 2012 of killing his former girlfriend, is being sued in Maryland federal court by his mother’s insurance company.
- Blinded employee agrees to $16.5M settlement
- NLRB case on investigations proves puzzling to lawyers
- Investment truths produce long-term success
- Rolling 401(k) into an IRA makes sense
- When staff complains, law firms should listen
- Hacked: What to do if your office computers are breached
- Developers, state sparred over conservation tax credits
- Virginia Tech president retires, reflects on 2007 massacre
- U.S. appeals panel ponders: what is a pirate?
Virginia Lawyers Media has announced the Class of 2013 of “Influential Women of Virginia.” This awards program, now in its fifth year, recognizes the outstanding efforts of women in the commonwealth in all fields, including law, business, health care, education and the arts.
Virginia Lawyers Weekly Calendar
GET THE VLW DAILY ALERT
The Daily Alert from Virginia Lawyers Weekly brings you the latest legal news every morning in your e-mail. You’ll get headline news, a link to the day’s Top Opinion and more!
Click here to sign up for the Alert
STAY CONNECTED WITH VLW
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information from Virginia Lawyers Weekly by subscribing to our RSS feeds and visiting our social media pages.
Influential Women of Virginia 2013
- VLW ONLINE
- Digital Edition
- News Stories
- News in Brief
- Verdicts & Settlements
- Special Features
- VSB Disciplinary Actions
- Opinion Digests
- VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- OUR PUBLICATIONS
- MANAGE ACCOUNT