Infant’s hotel balcony fall nets $10.9M settlement
An almost $11 million settlement for a toddler who suffered a severe head injury after falling from a hotel balcony presented a conundrum on the timing of the lawsuit. He suffered a skull fracture and right subdural hematoma and needed intensive medical care as soon as possible to improve his long-term development. But given the child's young age, more time was needed to develop an accurate picture of his future needs and establish evidence of the severity of his injuries.
NEWS FROM VIRGINIA LAWYERS WEEKLY
- Editorial: Protect reporters, and protect everyone
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has come out strong for passing a federal shield law. And maybe that’s the one good thing – the only good thing – to come out of the recent controversy over the Justice Department’s seizure of phone records at The Associated Press and the surveillance of Fox News reporter James Rosen.
- Judicial selection meets number crunching
- Insurer wants out of civil suit against Huguely
- Former bar leader Lewis is disbarred
- Blinded employee agrees to $16.5M settlement
- NLRB case on investigations proves puzzling to lawyers
- Investment truths produce long-term success
- Rolling 401(k) into an IRA makes sense
- When staff complains, law firms should listen
- Hacked: What to do if your office computers are breached
Virginia Lawyers Media has announced the Class of 2013 of “Influential Women of Virginia.” This awards program, now in its fifth year, recognizes the outstanding efforts of women in the commonwealth in all fields, including law, business, health care, education and the arts.
Virginia Lawyers Weekly Calendar
GET THE VLW DAILY ALERT
The Daily Alert from Virginia Lawyers Weekly brings you the latest legal news every morning in your e-mail. You’ll get headline news, a link to the day’s Top Opinion and more!
Click here to sign up for the Alert
STAY CONNECTED WITH VLW
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information from Virginia Lawyers Weekly by subscribing to our RSS feeds and visiting our social media pages.
Influential Women of Virginia 2013
- VLW ONLINE
- Digital Edition
- News Stories
- News in Brief
- Verdicts & Settlements
- Special Features
- VSB Disciplinary Actions
- Opinion Digests
- VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- OUR PUBLICATIONS
- MANAGE ACCOUNT