The VLW Quick 10: Taking License
Published: October 6, 2009
Have you ever thought about getting a law-related vanity license plate for your car? If you have, you’re not alone, there apparently are a lot of lawyer vanity plates out there. We haven’t seen them all, but we have seen the handy Department of Motor Vehicles Web site that tells you which personalized license plates have been taken. It’s https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/dmvnet/plate_purchase/select_plate.asp. The list of tags that currently are taken by someone here in the commonwealth:
1. The basics. Both ATTY and LAWYER.
2. Legal education. LAWPROF.
3. Real estate law. Both DIRTLAW and DRTLAW.
4. Other specialties, part 1. IMMLAW. IPLAW. PILAW.
5. Other specialties, part 2. BIZLAW. T&ELAW. CRIMLAW.
6. The high-minded. LAW, TRUTH and JUSTICE. All taken.
7. The family plan. 2ATTYS and 2LAWYERS are both taken.
8. The subtle PI lawyer. LITIG8R and LITIG8.
9. The in-your-face PI lawyer. ISUE4U.
10. The over-the-top PI lawyer. KICKBUT. (Note: DMV’s censors gave someone this one, but they won’t let you have KICKASS. Go figure).
Bonus: All right, all those are gone. But here are some legal license tags you can order, if you hurry:
10. SUETHEM (Since ISUE4U and KICKBUT are taken)
© Copyright 2013 Virginia Lawyers Media. All Rights Reserved.