Following the 2010 General Assembly session? Here is a valuable resource you might not be aware of: the Richmond Sunlight Web site.
Established by the Virginia Interfaith Center in 2007, this volunteer-run site provides user-friendly access to comprehensive data such as:
- A complete list of House and Senate bills searchable by name, topic or date. Summaries, full-text and progress reports are included with each bill.
- Detailed bio pages for all state legislators as well as a sortable list of legislators by district, party and other demographics
- A listing of all committees and their members
- Daily minutes from each chamber
- The latest tweets from law makers who use Twitter
The site also includes an archive of General Assembly sessions dating back to 2006.
By Sarah Rodriguez