Two new names appeared in questionnaires submitted to the Virginia State Bar Wednesday, the final day for submitting paperwork to indicate an interest in a seat on the Court of Appeals of Virginia.
Augusta County Circuit Judge Victor V. Ludwig and and Deputy Secretary of Natural Resources Maureen Matsen are the new applicants for the vacancy to be created by the retirement of Judge James Haley.
The full list of contenders is below:
- Tazewell County Circuit Judge Teresa M. Chafin
- Collin Hite, a commercial litigator at the Richmond office of McGuireWoods LLP
- Monica Monday, a Roanoke lawyer who specializes in appellate practice
- Fairfax Circuit Judge Lorraine Nordlund.
- Larry Shelton, the federal public defender in the Western District
- Patricia Palmer Nagel, a solo practitioner in Williamsburg
- Montgomery County Circuit Judge Josiah T. Showalter Jr.