The Virginia State Corporation Commission is spiffing up its online services.
As more lawyers do their SCC business with their computers, the agency says it’s working to improve functionality and navigation.
Recent improvements include:
- A redesigned home page for easier access to business formation, existing business entity, and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) transactions,
- Registered agent transactions are consolidated and enhanced for simpler completion,
- A new Existing Business page for easier navigation to filings, payments, and certificate orders for existing businesses,
- Log in to SCC eFile from any page, anytime,
- The user’s email address is displayed on each page, once logged in,
- Enter keywords to filter business entity search results or business entities within My Favorites,
- And, favorites are displayed at the bottom of the home page for the logged in user (if favorites are selected).
SCC eFile online services remain unchanged, the agency says.
Computer users can use SCC eFile to form a Virginia stock corporation or limited liability company (LLC), perform registered agent changes and resignations, file corporate annual reports, pay corporate and LLC annual registration fees; obtain certificates of good standing for corporations and certificates of fact of existence or registration for LLCs; submit articles of amendment and restatement for Virginia corporations and LLCs and articles of cancellation for LLCs; file UCC financing statements and amendments; check business entity name distinguishability, and perform basic business entity searches.