Presenting the ‘Leaders in the Law’ Class of 2012
Published: August 15, 2012
Tags: Leaders in the Law
Virginia Lawyers Media, the publisher of Virginia Lawyers Weekly, has announced the 2012 class of “Leaders in the Law.”
Now in its seventh year, this awards program recognizes the lawyers across the commonwealth who are setting the standard for other lawyers in Virginia. “Leaders” are recognized for changing the law, serving the community, changing practice or improving Virginia’s justice system.
The Class of 2012 honorees are:
- Steven D. Benjamin, Benjamin & DesPortes PC, Richmond
- David Bernhard, Bernhard & Gardner, Falls Church
- Donald H. Clark, Williams Mullen, Virginia Beach
- Joseph P. Corish, Bean, Kinney & Korman PC, Arlington
- James C. Cosby, Vandeventer Black LLP, Richmond
- David G. DeFazio, Barnes & Diehl PC, Chesterfield
- Sen. John S. Edwards, Roanoke
- Evan H. Farr, CELA, Law Firm of Evan H. Farr PC, Fairfax
- Robert M. Galumbeck, Galumbeck, Dennis & Kegley, Tazewell
- Tracy A. Giles, Giles & Lambert PC, Roanoke
- Franklin P. Hall, Hall & Hall PC, Midlothian
- Jack L. Harris, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Richmond
- F. Warren Haynie Jr., Lottsburg, VA
- Harry M. “Pete” Johnson III, Hunton & Williams LLP, Richmond
- Sharon K. Lieblich, Lieblich & Grimes PC, Alexandria
- Edward B. Lowry, MichieHamlett, Charlottesville
- Scott C. Oostdyk, McGuireWoods LLP, Richmond
- Mary M. H. Priddy, Goodman Allen & Filetti, Glen Allen
- Robert A. Pustilnik, Richmond General District Court, Richmond
- Roscoe C. Roberts, Virginia State University, Petersburg
- David R. Ruby, ThompsonMcMullan, Richmond
- Douglas P. Rucker Jr., Sands Anderson PC, Richmond
- Sandra L. Sampson, Byler & Sampson PC, Virginia Beach
- Edward E. Scher, Law Office of Edward Scher, Richmond
- Susan Stoney, Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Fairfax
- Richard C. Sullivan Jr., Reed Smith LLP, Falls Church
- Lori D. Thompson, LeClairRyan, Roanoke
- Lucia Anna “Pia” Trigiani, MercerTrigiani, Alexandria
The honorees will be celebrated at a reception on Oct. 25 at the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond. The “Leader of the Year,” voted on by the Class of 2012 honorees themselves, will be announced at this reception.
For ticket sales and further information, visit the “Leaders in the Law” event page.
Each honoree also will be profiled in a special publication that will be distributed at the event and inserted into Virginia Lawyers Weekly in October.
© Copyright 2013 Virginia Lawyers Media. All Rights Reserved.