The new proposed slate of officers for the Virginia Bar Association includes Richmond’s Harry M. “Pete” Johnson III.
Johnson has been nominated for chair of the VBA executive committee, a post that puts him in the leadership pipeline to the VBA presidency.
Johnson, a partner at Hunton & Williams, is a trial lawyer focusing on environmental litigation.
Johnson was among the 2012 class of Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s Leaders in the Law.
The VBA’s current leadership has accepted a proposed slate of officers and board members put forward by the governance committee for 2013:
- Thomas R. Bagby, president
- John L. Walker III, president-elect
- Harry M. “Pete” Johnson III, chair
- Hugh M. Fain III, immediate past president
Members on the slate to join the Board of Governors are:
- Elaina L. Blanks, YLD chair-elect
- S. Miles Dumville, Capitol Region
- Sen. John S. Edwards, legislative representative
- Judge Louis R. Lerner, judicial representative
- David S. Mercer, At-Large (Potomac Region)
- Dean Wendy Collins Perdue, law school representative
- Eric J. Sorenson Jr., Southside Region
- Lori D. Thompson, At-Large (Southwest Region)