Six attorneys are seeking election to the seat of retiring Charlottesville Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judge Dwight Johnson.
The candidates came before the Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association Monday night, The Daily Progress reports. They are:
- David B. Franzen, a Charlottesville attorney and substitute judge
- Elizabeth V. Killeen, Charlottesville assistant commonwealth’s attorney
- Darby G. Lowe, Albemarle County deputy commonwealth’s attorney
- Helen E. Phillips, an attorney who practices law in Bristol
- Deborah S. Tinsley, a Louisa attorney and substitute judge
- Claude V. Worrell, Charlottesville deputy commonwealth’s attorney
The bar will endorse one of the six to the General Assembly.