Five candidates for the U.S. district court judgeship to be vacated by Judge James R. Spencer of Richmond when he takes senior status in March have been rated as “highly qualified” by the Virginia State Bar’s Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee.
In alphabetical order, the VSB panel’s top five contenders are:
- Norfolk lawyer Alan D. Albert
- Richmond lawyer Dabney J. Carr IV
- Richmond lawyer Collin J. Hite
- Richmond Circuit Judge Clarence N. Jenkins Jr.
- U.S. Magistrate Judge M. Hannah Lauck
The information comes from JCEC chair Joseph A. Condo of McLean, who said the committee interviewed all 12 candidates and worked out the recommendations in one long session Monday.