The Old Dominion Bar Association reports its candidate ratings for the upcoming vacancy on the U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
The candidates and their ratings are as follows:
- Alan D. Albert Qualified
- Dabney J. Carr IV Qualified
- Edwin L. Fountain Qualified
- Paul G. Gill Qualified
- Stephen E. Heretick Qualified
- Collin J. Hite Qualified
- Cynthia E. Hudson Qualified
- Hon. Clarence N. Jenkins Highly Qualified
- Brian C. Lansing Highly Qualified
- Hon. M. Hannah Lauck Highly Qualified
- John S. Martin Qualified
- Jayant V. Prabhu Qualified
The Virginia State Bar’s Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee and five other bar groups have provided recommendations for Virginia’s two U.S. senators who will advise Presdient Obama on an appointment for the federal judgeship. The bench seat will be available in March when Judge James R. Spencer takes senior status.