Home (page 4)

Tag Archives: Premises Liability

Plaintiff injured by falling window valance in hotel room – $400,000 Settlement (access required)

Plaintiff, a 55-year-old flight attendant trainee, was a guest of the defendant hotel when a 40-pound wood valance and drapes in her room fell upon her. Plaintiff alleged that the heavy wood valance was improperly secured into the drywall only, ...

Read More »

Janitor’s negligence led to slip & fall, plaintiff claims – $225,000 Settlement (access required)

Plaintiff fell at work when she crossed over a floor surface that a janitor was stripping and waxing. The janitorial service was an outside contractor. Plaintiff claimed that she had been waved through by the janitor to leave the building, ...

Read More »

Workman fell through roof opening, sustained traumatic brain injury – $2,250,000 Settlement (access required)

This premises liability case stemmed from an accident that occurred on Sept. 20, 2010, in a building in Maryland. The plaintiff was employed by a Virginia corporation that had been hired by the premises occupier to power-wash and paint the ...

Read More »

FedEx driver bitten by pit bull during home delivery – $90,000 Verdict (access required)

The plaintiff, a Federal Express delivery driver, did not get a response after he knocked on the defendants’ front door. As he was completing a door tag, the garage door began opening and he walked towards that door. A pit ...

Read More »

Experts key to successful mediation in slip & fall case – $395,000 Settlement (access required)

In a trip-and-fall case, where liability would have been strongly contested at trial, the claim of an 82-year-old man against a commercial retailer was settled in mediation. The past medical expenses were approximately $128,539.46, with future medicals estimated between $2,000 ...

Read More »

Faulty building repairs led to carbon monoxide deaths – $2,500,000 Settlement (access required)

Plaintiff’s decedents, a husband and wife in their late 60s, died from carbon monoxide poisoning. The couple was discovered dead in their rental apartment. The apartment contained extreme levels of carbon monoxide, which after an extensive investigation, was found to ...

Read More »