The New Lawyers who took and passed the February 2009 Virginia Bar Exam are now real lawyers – the swearing-in ceremony was held in Richmond on June 1. The full list of the newly minted is available here.
It goes without saying that it’s a tough job market, and we wish them the best of luck. Just in case they don’t catch on with a firm, they always can take the plunge and start their own. In fact, here are some suggested law firm combos. We’ve used real surnames from the New Lawyer list, matched for maximum success, of course:
1. Lewis and Clark. Lawyers for the adventurous.
2. Smith and Jones. Motto: No, it’s not a pseudonym.
3. Ready, Reddy and Maready. They are so ready.
4. McCabe, McClure, McCurry, McGeorge and McKannan. With offices in (where else?) McLean.
5. Lamb, Fox and Wolf. Lamb may want to watch her back.
6. Hill and Dail. They’ve got it covered all over…
7. Pedersen, Knudsen, Andersen and Hanson. Satellite office will be in Oslo.
8. Warmbier, Warmbier, Getahun and Dance. Party’s at their office.
9. Fink and Funk. Both present and past tense.
10. Yo Heyder. They just want your attention.
— Paul Fletcher and Sarah Rodriguez