Virginia Lawyers Media, the publisher of Virginia Lawyers Weekly, has announced the 2011 class of “Leaders in the Law.”
Now in its sixth year, this awards program recognizes the lawyers across the commonwealth who are setting the standard for other lawyers in Virginia. “Leaders” are recognized for changing the law, serving the community, changing practice or improving Virginia’s justice system, among other accomplishments.
The Class of 2011 honorees are:
- Irving M. Blank, ParisBlank, Richmond
- Jeffrey A. Breit, Breit Drescher Imprevento & Walker, Norfolk
- Craig S. Cooley, Attorney at Law, Richmond
- Elizabeth K. Dillon, Guynn, Memmer & Dillon, Salem
- Michael R. Doucette, Commonwealth’s Attorney, Lynchburg
- Cheshire I’Anson Eveleigh, Wolcott Rivers Gates, Virginia Beach
- Carolyn M. Grimes, Lieblich & Grimes, Alexandria
- Phoebe P. Hall, Hall & Hall, Richmond
- Micheal L. Hern, LeClairRyan, Richmond
- Jon D. Huddleston, Sevila, Saunders, Huddleston & White, Leesburg
- Judge J. Samuel Johnston (retired), Campbell County Circuit Court, Rustburg
- J. Jack Kennedy, Circuit Clerk of Wise County, Wise
- Neil S. Kessler, Troutman Sanders, Richmond
- H. Lane Kneedler, Reed Smith, Richmond
- Richard E. Ladd Jr., PennStuart, Bristol, Tenn.
- David W. Lannetti, Vandeventer Black, Norfolk
- U.S. Magistrate Judge M. Hannah Lauck, Richmond
- Christopher M. McCarthy, White & McCarthy, Midlothian
- Dale G. Mullen, Louisa County Attorney, Louisa
- Albert M. Orgain IV, Sands Anderson, Richmond
- W. Joseph Owen III, Owen & Owens, Midlothian
- Luis A. Perez, Luis A. Perez PC, Fairfax
- Sen. J. Chapman Petersen, Surovell, Isaacs, Petersen & Levy, Fairfax
- Todd A. Pilot, The Trademark Institute, Alexandria
- Andrew J. Reinhardt, Reinhardt & Harper, Richmond
- Linda F. Rigsby, Williams Mullen, Richmond
- Arthur E. Schmalz, Hunton & Williams, McLean
- Guy K. Tower, The McCammon Group, Virginia Beach
- John M. Tran, DimuroGinsberg, Alexandria
- Stanley P. Wellman, Harman Claytor Corrigan & Wellman, Glen Allen
- David M. Zobel, Poole Mahoney, Virginia Beach
The honorees will be celebrated at a reception on Oct. 20 at the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond. The “Leader of the Year,” voted on by the Class of 2011 honorees themselves, will be announced at this reception.
Each honoree also will be profiled in a special publication that will be distributed at the event and inserted into Virginia Lawyers Weekly in early October.
Phoebe P. Hall is not only an exceptionally skilled attorney with a very high degree of integrity and competence; she is also a pioneer in the Virginia Bar Association having co-founded the Richmond Women’s Bar, and having been one of the first female attorneys to practice in Richmond. In honoring her as one of the “leaders in the Law for 2011”, you honor all the women who have followed her into practice in Richmond and Virginia, and recognize her unique contribution to her profession.
William T. Poulterer III
September 3, 2011