A symposium this month at the Washington & Lee University law school will focus on the advancement of women in the legal profession.
The first annual Lara D. Gass Women in the Law Symposium is set for March 27 at 2:30 p.m.
The event is named for the late Lara Gass of the W&L law class of 2014 who spearheaded a Women Law Students Organization panel on women in the law before passing away in a tragic car accident during her third year. The inaugural symposium will also celebrate 40 years of women graduates at W&L Law.
Two panels will be moderated by W&L Prof. Sally K. Wiant:
Panel I: The Advancement of Women in the Law
- Retired Judge Harriet D. Dorsey of the 27th District Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court
- Delaware Superior Court Judge Mary M. Johnston
- Monika L. Jaensson, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Jennifer G. Dean, Virginia Immigration Law Center
Panel II: Bridging Gender Barriers in the Legal Profession
- U.S. Bankruptcy Chief Judge Rebecca B. Connelly of the Western District of Virginia
- Roanoke General District Chief Judge Jacqueline F. Ward Talevi
- Kelly Faglioni, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Laura E. Frazier, Law Office of Laura E. Frazier
- Elizabeth Gunn, Sands Anderson PC
- Marie Washington, Law Office of Marie Washington
The school says those interested in attending should RSVP to email@example.com.