Richmond lawyer Randy Wimbish became president of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys last month at the group’s annual meeting in Williamsburg.
With Wimbish at the helm of the defense bar, his firm, Sands Anderson, now shares bragging rights for having the most presidents of the organization.
Wimbish is the fifth lawyer from Sands to hold the job. Preceding him were Bunky Miller (1983-84), Pierce Rucker (1990-91), Chip Delano (2002-03) and Terrence Graves (2007-08).
McGuireWoods also has had five leaders serve in the VADA presidency: The late Jay Corson (1981-82), Hal McVey (1985-86), David Landin (1987-88), John Oakey (1994-95) and Brad Stillman (1996-97).
Two firms — Harman, Claytor, Corrigan & Wellman of Glen Allen and Harrisonburg’s Wharton, Aldhizer & Weaver – can boast four past leaders of the VADA.
At the Williamsburg meeting, the group tapped its officers for 2015-16. They are, in addition to Wimbish:
President-Elect: Brian Casey, TaylorWalker, Norfolk.
Treasurer: Cam Beck, Morris & Morris, Richmond.
Secretary: John Mumford, Hancock, Daniel, Johnson & Nagle, Glen Allen.
Kate McCauley, who practices with Moran, Reeves & Conn in Richmond, has the most coveted title of all: Past President.
Regional Directors are:
* Susan Mitchell, Altman, Spence, Mitchell & Brown, Fairfax (Potomac)
* Megan Caramore, Vandeventer Black, Norfolk (Tidewater)
* Walt Peake, Frith Anderson & Peake, Roanoke (Southwestern)
* Tate Love, Timberlake, Smith, Thomas and Moses, Staunton (Blue Ridge)
* Todd Anderson, Herbert & Satterwhite, Richmond (Capitol)
And Directors at Large are:
* Brian Sykes, Vandeventer, Black, Norfolk
* Ruth Griggs, Sands Anderson, Richmond
* Mary Morgan, Golightly, Mulligan & Booth, Chesapeake
* Jason Moyers, Frankl, Miller and Webb, Roanoke
* Julie Palmer, Harman, Claytor, Corrigan and Wellman, Richmond
* Antoinette Walker, Morris & Morris, Richmond
Fairfax lawyer Melissa Hogue Katz of Bancroft McGavin Horvath & Judkins is Director Emeritus.
Martin Conn of Moran, Reeves & Conn in Richmond will serve as DRI State Representative.
The 2016 YLD chair will be Lindsay Lankford, with Hancock Daniel Johnson & Nagle in Richmond; Brian Schneider of Moran Reeves & Conn is the legislative chair.