WILLIAMSBURG – The Virginia Law Foundation added 10 new Fellows to its ranks on Jan. 18, when the VLF held its annual Fellows dinner in conjunction with the kick-off of the Virginia Bar Association’s winter meeting.
Induction as a Fellow is a must-be-present-to-win proposition, and all 10 members of the Class of 2018 were in attendance. They are:
* Alan S. Anderson, solo practitioner, Alexandria
* L. Lee Byrd, Sands Anderson, Richmond
* Calvin W. “Woody” Fowler Jr., Williams Mullen, Richmond
* George C. Howell III, Hunton & Williams, Richmond
* Julia B. Judkins, Bancroft, McGavin, Horvath & Judkins, Fairfax
* Jeffrey L. Mincks, Chesterfield County Attorney, Chesterfield
* Judge (ret.) Charles E. Poston, The McCammon Group, Norfolk
* Judge (ret.) Angela Edwards Roberts, Richmond J&DR Court, Richmond
* Donald C. Shultz, Creshaw, Ware & Martin, Norfolk
* Judge (ret.) Winship C. Tower, The McCammon Group, Virginia Beach
The Fellows banquet also featured something new: VLF Executive Director Raymond M. White presented the inaugural “Executive Director’s Award.” This honor will recognize a Virginia attorney who has made significant contributions to achieving the VLF’s mission to promote the rule of law, access to justice and law-related education.
The first award recipient: Outgoing VBA President David Mercer, who literally was speechless upon receiving it.
— Paul Fletcher