4th Circuit Haikus are back with key appellate decisions on civil procedure issues, condensed to the size of a haiku poem:
In Seoul isn’t convenient.
Here, “shall” means “may be.”
– BAE Sys. Tech. Solution & Servs. v. Republic of Korea (Mar. 5, 2018)
If you’re banking on
Fee-shifting, better watch out
– Brat v. Personhubballah (Feb. 26, 2018)
Process service on
Statutory agents won’t
Start removal clocks.
– Elliott v. Am. States Ins. Co. (Feb. 20, 2018)
Class actions are efficient
And (usually) fair.
– Campbell v. Boston Sci. Corp. (Feb. 5, 2018)
When you draft contracts,
Check if your forum hosts a
– Bartels v. Saber Healthcare Grp. LLC (Jan. 22, 2018)
Is not for additional
– Jackson v. Home Depot USA (Jan. 22, 2018)
If you sue Sudan,
Service on its embassy
Is a non-starter.
– Kumar v. Republic of Sudan (Jan. 18, 2018)