Virginia Lawyers Weekly has announced the next category for our program honoring leading lawyers in a particular field of law.
In December, we recognized attorneys practicing business law. In April, we will honor the “Go To Lawyers” for employment law.
Once again, we look forward to participation from the bar in identifying this group of people. As a refresher, a “Go To Lawyer” is:
- A lawyer who is an expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- A lawyer who is experienced and enjoys a record of success, with many cases and/or transactions that give testimony to the quality advice he or she can provide.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend from another state calls and says she has a client who needs some legal help in a given part of our state.
- A lawyer you might call yourself if you needed legal help in his or her field.
The nomination form is available here, and the deadline is March 19. We will publish the results in April.
Thanks for your input and support!