Virginia Lawyers Weekly is pleased to present the second group of honorees in our program recognizing the leading lawyers in a particular field of law. In this issue, we name “Virginia’s Go To Lawyers” for employment law.
A “Go To Lawyer” is:
- A lawyer who is an expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- A lawyer who is experienced and enjoys a record of success, with many cases and/or transactions that give testimony to the quality advice he or she can provide.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend from another state calls and says she has a client who needs some legal help in a given part of our state.
- A lawyer you might call yourself if you needed legal help in his or her field.
Please join us in congratulating these 24 outstanding employment lawyers. And we look forward to hearing from you and receiving nominations for the next category, workers’ compensation law (both claimants and defense). The deadline is June 25. The Go To Lawyers in that field will be recognized in a July issue of Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
Individual profiles for each of the Go To Lawyers for Employment Law can be found below:
- Paul G. Beers, Glenn, Feldmann, Darby & Goodlatte, Roanoke
- Anne Bibeau, Vandeventer Black LLP, Norfolk
- Pamela Johnson Branch, PJB Law PLLC, Richmond
- John M. Bredehoft, Kaufman & Canoles, P.C., Norfolk
- Carla D. Brown, Charlson Bredehoft Cohen & Brown, Reston
- David C. Burton, Williams Mullen, Virginia Beach
- Harris D. Butler, III, Butler Curwood PLC, Richmond
- Maureen E. Carr, Bean, Kinney & Korman, PC, Arlington
- David E. Constine, III, Troutman Pepper Hamilton and Sanders, Richmond
- John Davidson, Davidson & Kitzmann PLC, Charlottesville
- Karen S. Elliott, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC, Richmond
- John E. Falcone, Petty, Livingston, Dawson & Richards, Lynchburg
- Betty S. W. Graumlich, Reed Smith, Richmond
- Raymond L. Hogge Jr., Hogge Law, Norfolk
- Edward Lee Isler, Isler Dare PC, Vienna
- Jonathan R. Mook, DiMuroGinsberg PC, Alexandria
- Christopher Colt North, The Consumer & Employee Rights Law Firm PC, Yorktown
- Susan Childers North, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, Williamsburg
- David Paxton, Gentry Locke, Roanoke
- Andrew P. Sherrod, Hirschler, Richmond
- Kristina Keech Spitler, Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian PC, Manassas
- L. Leigh R. Strelka, Strelka Employment Law, Roanoke
- Ann K. Sullivan, Sullivan Law Group, Norfolk
- Thomas M. Winn III, Woods Rogers PLC, Roanoke