Virginia Lawyers Weekly is pleased to introduce the third group of honorees in our program recognizing the leading lawyers in a particular field of law.
The field of practice for these “Go To Lawyers” is workers’ compensation law. Profiles of the 21 honorees can be found below.
A “Go To Lawyer” is:
- A lawyer who is an expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- A lawyer who is experienced and enjoys a record of success, with many cases and/or transactions that give testimony to the quality advice he or she can provide.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend from another state calls and says she has a client who needs some legal help in a given part of our state.
Coming soon, we look forward to receiving your nominations for the next category: Elder law. The Go To Lawyers in that field will be recognized in September.
Virginia’s “Go To Lawyers” for workers’ compensation law are:
- Casey Ariail, River Run Law Group, Richmond
- E. Scott Austin, Gentry Locke, Roanoke
- Philip B. Baker, Baker & Sanzone, Lynchburg
- Megan B. Caramore, Vandeventer Black, Norfolk
- Lauren Carroll, Commonwealth Law Group, Richmond
- John H. Carstens, Jordan Coyne, Fairfax
- Kevin W. Cloe, Midkiff, Muncie & Ross, Richmond
- W. David Falcon, Ackerman & Falcon, Vienna
- Lynn M. Fitzpatrick, Franklin & Prokopik, Herndon
- Scott C. Ford, Ford Richardson, Richmond
- Stephen T. Harper, Reinhardt | Harper | Davis, Richmond
- Marilyn N. Harvey, Clark Dolph Hull & Brunick, Virginia Beach
- John C. Johnson, The Johnson Law Group, Roanoke
- Douglas K.W. Landau, Abrams Landau Ltd., Herndon
- Carl N. Lauer, Dulaney Lauer Thomas, Warrenton
- Michele S. Lewane, The Injured Workers Law Firm, Richmond
- Richard D. Lucas, Lucas & Kite, Roanoke
- Geoff McDonald, Geoff McDonald & Associates, Richmond
- Brody H. Reid, ReidGoodwin, Richmond
- Jaleh K. Slominski, Slominski Law, Lynchburg
- Bryn Swartz, Pathfinder Injury Law, Glen Allen
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief