Virginia Lawyers Weekly is pleased to announce the “Go To Lawyers” for appellate law.
Now in its fourth year, the “Go To Lawyers” program recognizes top lawyers in a particular practice area. Earlier this year, we celebrated “Virginia’s Go To Lawyers” for business litigation. Last year, medical malpractice, intellectual property, employment and business law practitioners were honored.
A “Go To Lawyer” is:
- A lawyer who is an expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- A lawyer who is experienced and enjoys a record of success, with many cases and/or transactions that give testimony to the quality advice he or she can provide.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend from another state calls and says she has a client who needs some legal help in a given part of the commonwealth.
Virginia’s “Go To Lawyers” for appellate law are:
- F. Nash Bilisoly, Wood Rogers Vandeventer Black
- Michael Brady, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston
- Ashley Davis, Allen Allen Allen & Allen
- Erin DeBoer, Anchor Legal Group
- L. Steven Emmert, Sykes, Bourdon, Ahern & Levy
- Matt Fitzgerald, McGuireWoods
- David Hargett, Hargett Law
- William Hurd, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott
- Michelle Kallen, Jenner & Block
- Elbert Lin, Hunton Andrews Kurth
- Monica Monday, Gentry Locke
- John O’Herron, ThompsonMcMullan
- James O’Keefe IV, Michie Hamlett
- Julie Palmer, Harman Claytor Corrigan Wellman
- Thomas Plofchan, Westlake Legal Group
- Juli Porto, Blankingship & Keith
- Brandy Poss, Barnes & Diehl
- Joseph Rainsbury, O’Hagan Meyer
- Norman Thomas, Norman A. Thomas, PLLC
- Catherine Zagurskie, Indigent Defense Commission
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding lawyers specializing in all aspects of appellate law. Honorees will be profiled in a special section in June.
We look forward to receiving your nominations for upcoming practice areas for 2023, including commercial real estate and medical malpractice for both plaintiffs’ and defense side.