Virginia Lawyers Media has announced the Class of 2019 for the “Virginia Lawyers Hall of Fame,” sponsored by Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
The Virginia Lawyers Hall of Fame honors Virginia lawyers age 60 and older. Criteria for inclusion in the Hall include career accomplishments, contributions to the development of the law in Virginia, contributions to the bar and to the commonwealth at large and efforts to improve the quality of justice in Virginia.
The Class of 2019 honorees are:
- Thomas L. Appler, Dunn Loring
- Terrence R. Batzli, Richmond
- Jeffrey A. Breit, Norfolk
- James E. Brydges Jr., Norfolk
- Peter C. Burnett, Leesburg
- Richard Cullen, Richmond
- Lawrence D. Diehl, Richmond
- Jeanne F. Franklin, Arlington
- Allen C. Goolsby, Richmond
- Larry Harley, Marion
- Blair D. Howard, Warrenton
- La Bravia J. Jenkins, Fredericksburg
- Chief Justice (ret.) Cynthia D. Kinser, Pennington Gap
- R. Peyton Mahaffey, Fairfax
- John D. McGavin, Fairfax
- Henry W. McLaughlin, Richmond
- S.D. Roberts Moore, Roanoke
- Sharon D. Nelson, Fairfax
- J. Lee E. Osborne, Roanoke
- Dale W. Pittman, Petersburg
- Sandra Rohrstaff, Alexandria
- Stephen M. Smith, Hampton
- Robert J. Surovell, Fairfax
- Judge Janice J. Wellington, Manassas
- John E. Zydron, Virginia Beach
In addition to these individuals, five members of the Class of 2019 are being honored posthumously:
- Everette G. “Buddy” Allen, Richmond
- David P. Bobzien, Fairfax
- Richard S. Glasser, Norfolk
- James C. Roberts, Richmond
- Betty A. Thompson, Arlington
The honorees were celebrated at a reception on May 21 at the John Marshall Hotel in Richmond. Each honoree was profiled in a special supplement that will be distributed at the event and inserted into Virginia Lawyers Weekly on May 27.
Read the special section below!
To view in full-screen mode, click the .icon.